If you have any desire to build your brand, you know the importance of social media and the followers who come along with them. What you don’t know is where and how to find and get these followers. Following are 8 ways to gain more followers on two of social media’s largest platforms – Instagram (IG) and Twitter.
- Use hashtags that are known to help increase followers. You can use generic hashtags such as: #follow
#Sunday (FYI: Sunday is a great day to post content on IG)
There are so many hashtags that cater to different brands. Do your research on which hashtags similar companies are using. For instance, if I were a fashion brand, I would want to use popular hashtags like:
#ootd (outfit of the day)
- Engage on social media – “Like” random pictures from people in your target audience on IG. Research has found that for every 100 you can expect to receive 6.1 more followers. For Twitter, retweet, share content, and follow groups or brands which are similar to yours and who are using popular hashtags.
- Promote your Twitter and Instagram accounts on your other social media platforms. You can encourage your followers to connect with you to receive behind the scene exclusives like photos or videos.
- Like and comment on other users’ photos. This will allow you to build relationship with your audience and other brands. I would call this method, “Organic Engagement.”
- Post photos between evening hours to early morning hours (5pm to 2am). Research shows that these are the most effective times to post.
- Remember that quality is more effective than quantity. Make edits that will leave only the best content. It is a known fact no one wants to follow someone with thousands of pointless images or tweets.
- Use popular filters on your IG account. According to research, the Mayfair filter is the single most effective filter for marketers.
- Engage with your audience. Ask questions in the captions of your photos, conduct surveys on Twitter, and reply to comments. Increase engagement to increase followers.